Boston. You’re not my kind of stupid… you’re just stupid.

Really.. there’s no end to the amount of stupid credits I’ll give Boston for the whole Aqua Teen Hunger Force marketing campaign debacle.

Seriously. I just don’t have words for how OVER-reacting they are about the whole thing. Though there’s a great rant about it here.

Number one in the hood ya’ll.

What does this have to do with you?

Guerrilla marketing

This is the wave of the future… some of the best Firefly campaigns have been guerrilla marketing strategies. Seriously… I’m not happy.

Here’s some fun graphics though….

This entry was posted in fandom, geek, news. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

10 Comments

1. nuchtchas
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

OMG, I so want to use those pictures!

My best friend and I are going nuts at the idiots in boston

I actually called them all “a bunch’o chowda’ heads!” LOL

2. sl_podcast
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

I loved the press conference with the media.. I wish everyone would respond like that instead of “no comment”.

3. hackergroupie
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

pointed me here. I LOVE the pics! Gotta snag the last one to put on my LJ.

Don’t be so harsh on Boston, though. They are very pro-mentally ill as evidenced by the people in charge.

4. nuchtchas
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

No, no, I am sorry we are only taking questions about 1970’s hair styles

I am sad no one asked an appropriate question

5. anonymous
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

someone was clever enough to ask if he was worried they’d cut his hair if he went to jail… I give half-credit to that reporter.

6. sl_podcast
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

alright.. this made me ROTFL… which is hard when you’re working in the middle of a bunch of people. 🙂

7. nuchtchas
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

ooo I did not read about that question, OK that gets 2/3 credit in my book *S*

8. ozma914
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

I’m in the being overly cautious business, and even I think they overreacted. As I’ve said before, what terrorist is going to make a bomb out of a flashing neon sign? (Well, not before — now that they’ve got the idea …)

9. sl_podcast
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

I loved this part of the other guy’s rant…

I can forgive the Boston metro for not watching ATHF. Hell, I think it’s a lame show. I can forgive them for not knowing what a Moononite is. I had no idea when I saw it. What I cannot forgive is none of the following statements coming up:

“Hey, isn’t that a Lite-Brite?”
    “Hey, isn’t that a Space Invader flipping us off?”
    “Hey, this thing is just a LED board with D-batteries on it!”

10. ozma914
    Posted February 2, 2007 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

I’ve never seen the show, but I’ve still heard about it and seen pictures … that’s the way it is with modern pop culture …