poetry: Night (Buffy)

Night
by Tabitha

She finds her thoughts,
troublesome.
Night is not her friend,
bothersome,
Hunting, dreaming, slaying,
needsome,
Night has become an enemy.

Now she wonders,
(worries is better)
if she did the right thing,
(correct is better),
She misses his face,
(longs for is better),
The one he can’t even see.

Night brings doubt,
painful,
And pushes courage,
needful,
She hasn’t time to wish,
pitiful,
There’s no prince
sorrowful.
No happily ever after.

This entry was posted in fanfic, poem. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

9 Comments

1. ozma914
    Posted February 13, 2007 at 3:21 am | Permalink

Very nice!

2. electricalgwen
    Posted February 17, 2007 at 3:34 am | Permalink

I liked that!
    I’m embarassed to admit I almost didn’t click on this link, because a lot of online poetry I’ve run into has been so bad. This is well-structured, and clearly a lot of thought went into word-choice. Nice job.

3. sl_podcast
    Posted February 17, 2007 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

Thanks!

4. sl_podcast
    Posted February 17, 2007 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

awwhh I’m glad you liked it. I understand about not reading online poetry though!

5. ozma914
    Posted February 18, 2007 at 12:43 am | Permalink

By the way, didn’t you say on one of your older podcasts that your middle name is Charis? It was fairly early, I think maybe number 4 or 5 … I was curious, because that’s my older daughter’s first name. Kinda unusual!

6. sl_podcast
    Posted February 18, 2007 at 2:34 am | Permalink

no my middle name is Grace, which is (as you probably know) in Greek charis… since my first name is Aramaic in origin and Biblical… I chose the email address CharisWatson for my hotmail account. Though I do love charis and hope to some day name one of my daughters Charis.

7. ozma914
    Posted February 18, 2007 at 5:29 am | Permalink

Ah, that’s what I heard, when you were giving your hotmail address on the podcast. Yes, I like the name … a supporting character in one of the manuscripts I’m shopping around is named Charis. I like that it’s unusual, without being — weird.

8. sl_podcast
    Posted February 18, 2007 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Yeah, the only problem is everyone reads it as Chris! *chuckles*

9. ozma914
    Posted February 18, 2007 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Yes, and sometimes people think it’s French … like “Charees…” It’s hard to find a good balance between the too ordinary and the too ridiculous, but part of parental responsibility is to make sure your kids don’t get teased too much …