Tigger

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. – Albert Schweitzer

tigger-1

There’s no good way to say it, no way at all really. Tigger died today. The words leave a burning lump in my throat, even typing the does.

Most of you know Tigger, he was one of the most awesome cats I’ve ever had the privilege of being owned by. He was one of those cats where you could swear he was looking at you and speaking. When he snuggled with me while I was petting him, he’d hook a paw on my arm to remind me that I had two hands and I should be petting him with both. When he sat, he crossed his paws like he was royalty and should be treated as such. Yet, he was affectionate and warm and loving. Often he’d come into bed and just want to lie on me or by me (which, for a 20 lb cat, could be a bit much).

He will be intensely missed by my whole family. Even dad, the anti-cat person, loved Tigger. The two of them used to play every night before bed.

So Myboyfriend and I are a bit sadder. Later tonight Myboyfriend did the same thing he did when Tigger and Hannah left my apartment… he wandered around and looked everywhere, doing little calling meows.

Thank you all for being part of Tigger’s fans.

Farewell Tigger (aka Fat Cat) — you have a special place in my memories forever.

This entry was posted in Cat. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

6 Comments

1. Posted September 13, 2009 at 1:37 am | Permalink

aww. sorry for your loss. Tigger looks so cute.

2. Posted September 13, 2009 at 4:39 am | Permalink

Awww, gee. I missed this on Twitter. I’m so sorry. As a kitty momma, I can relate. 🙁

3. MissMeliss
    Posted September 13, 2009 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Oh, I’m so sorry for your loss. While I never met Tigger, I’ve heard and read a lot about him. He was a great cat, and in you he had a great mom.

4. Posted September 13, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Geez TABZ I am soo sorry. I actually cried out when I read this and my sister ran in the office to see what was wrong. I never met Tigger but I feel like I knew him after all you have talked about him. I am so sorry.

the world will miss Fat Cat

5. Margaret
    Posted September 13, 2009 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

So sorry to hear of your loss. He sounded like an amazing friend.

6. Andy
    Posted September 14, 2009 at 8:45 am | Permalink

I’m so sorry about your kitty.